I haven’t the faintest idea. Right now:
- Is he for increased regulation or against?
- Does he think the Feds are doing the right thing or the wrong thing?
- Does he still believe in unfettered free markets?
- If not, what is the appropriate role of government in markets?
- Does he support the bailouts of Bear, Fannie, Freddie, and AIG? Some, but not all?
- How would his bailout entity be different from the proposed one?
- Is he for the ban on shorts or against?
- Does the deregulation crazy GOP bear any responsibility for this crisis?
- How is this mess all Chris Cox’s fault?
- How exactly would he stop greed on Wall Street?
- What is Phil “Nation of Whiners” Gramm’s role in a future McCain administration?
My sense is that this guy is just firing away at random without respect for his lifelong beliefs, previous statements, or the consequences. He has said so many contradictory things that it is impossible to know where he stands.